Tuesday, January 1, 2013

10 Tips to Online Dating



The online dating atmosphere is still considered “taboo” “risky” and something many people are still scared to admit they do.,  Although, if you think about it  POF, MeetMe, Skout, OkCupid,and many of the others are not much different than actually using FacebookTwitter, or meeting a blind date that someone has set you up with. 

Here are few tips to keep your Online Dating Safe, Fun, and Non-Stressful

1.  Make them tell you their name – If they cannot tell you their real name, then chances are they have something to hide!

2.  Have a photo trick – make them take a picture with an object.  Ask for a photo of them with a spoon on their nose, your name on a piece of paper, or just anything random that they can’t fake. 

3.  Have a way to connect them to reality!  Rather it be a phone call, Facebook page, or something real in their life.  I have even went so far as calling guys work and asking for him before I would agree to meet him….girl has to go on her gut instinct! 

4.  Have a back-up plan!  Our gal Cinnamon was out on a date last weekend, the dude was total bore and almost creepy.  She shot me a text and 5 minutes later we had an emergency illness she had to rush off to!

5.  Tell someone where you are going and when you will be meeting your date.  I know this sounds silly but anytime Cinnamon or Jasmine heads out on a date I receive a text with a picture of the date, where they are meeting, and a bit of information on him. 

6.  Never tell them where you live!  I cannot imagine telling someone that I have never met where I live. 

7.  Don’t be afraid to call the shots.  Guys and girls don’t get this!  If you are asking the person to meet tell them exactly where, when, and make it easy for them.  

8.  Be open-minded - remember photos can be deceiving  phone calls can sound different, so remember when you are meeting someone they may not be exactly how you imagined them.  

9.  The biggest FAIL I have found in online dating is that people tend to plan out their future before they have ever met me!  If you are dreaming of what the future will hold you will be sadly disappointed at the end of your first date.  Take it slow, plan no future, and just live life! 

10.  Don’t forget to be YOURSELF….I have met people and they seem to have forgotten who they are and painted a picture of themselves that is not!  BE YOURSELF and BE REAL when you are online dating.  If you have kids and have been talking to the person for a while, you may want to disclose you have kids!  If you can’t drive, because some oddball reason, then tell them, many people understand!  BE HONEST

Raven 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment